We recently held our first giveaway where we asked for your feedback on our various platforms including The Actuariaal Club blogs, TAC jobs and TAC forums and app. The winner takes away the membership for course of Machine Learning A-Z on Python and R!
While we liked all of your feedback and comments and it was real hard to choose for us the winner. Our team selected from 124 feedback (that’s a whole lot) and felt confused while selecting only one.
Well, we had to and the winner of our feedback is Harsh Karia (email id: ha********[email protected]). We request the winner to drop a mail to [email protected] (including.com) for the confirmation within 2 days.
What Harsh says about us:
For Acuarial blogs
- I find the blogs very well written and explained.
- Some of the blogs have helped me understand concepts which I didn’t understand well while giving my exams.
- They are also a sort of revision to our cleared papers as there is usually a gap between our exams and before we start applying for any jobs.
- The blogs by TAC just let you to think a but more about the concept and get deeper into its understanding.
- I would like to thank you for making the life’s of actuarial students easier.
For Actuarial Job section
- The job opportunities for freshers are too less as compared to the ones having some experience.
- Jobs with Mumbai location are very few.
- However, there are regular job postings on the club website which is really helpful.
- I did get an message for some recent job openings but when I entered the site, I wasn’t able to read the contents properly as they were overlapped. (This is the site problem).
For TAC forums and apps
- The app requires regular updates, it has some glitches.
- The forum however does help in finding any information related to actuarial science. We can get information of all the queries and even get in contact with our seniors who can guide us in our path.
The feedback we have received were immensedly positive and for the ones where we are presented with the comments, The Actuarial club is a team of volunteers, we donot have a source of income as the ads are unable to cover our expenses. It has been running out of pocket since three years and would continue to do so. The team we have takes the time from their own job and work on it and neither we have any dedicated team for tech or any other work.
It becomes difficult to manage thus we ask you for your coperation until there is a consistent source of income to outsource The Actuarial Club. We are aware of the bugs, believe me!